Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yet another ageism... brains cells in short supply

I haven't posted anything REAL, if you don't count cheating and posting someone else's videos in a while so here you go...
I was with a group of friends this morning and we were discussing at what age your brain starts to head south with the rest of your body and I discovered that I'm not alone in my mind losing state. I do, however think I have a good head start on my friends.
I shared an experience that I've had twice, yes I said TWICE, where I've been talking on my cell phone as I was preparing to leave my house. Take care of dogs, check...Grab purse, check...get keys, check... OH NO... where's my CELL PHONE??! Exasperated I voice my concern about my lost cell phone to the person I'm talking to... ON THE DANG CELL PHONE!!!!
Yes, they laughed, a lot. I must admit, so did I but it's really not funny. Kinda scary.
As though that experience was not frightening and embarrassing enough, I topped it and shocked even me!
Husband and I are in the car getting ready to go somewhere. My hands are chapped and dry so I remove my wedding ring and hold it with my teeth while I apply lotion.
As I am finishing said application I look down at my hands and say, through my clenched teeth mind you... OH NO.. I forgot my ring! "Uhhh", replied my stunned husband..."It's in your mouth." Why is it there are always witnesses to these events?

I honestly should NOT be left alone.
Donations for my long term care will be gratefully accepted.

5 comments:

Kassidy said...

I have TOTALLY done the "Where is my cell phone!!!" thing at least two or three times!! You are not alone!!:) The ring thing though, that is pretty bad!!! haha!

Erin Kay said...

Don't you worry, I'll come visit you in long term care! I'll even bring your cell phone. Love it Debbie. :)

Debbie said...

Thanks for commenting and not pretending that you don't know the crazy person that owns this blog.
I love you guys!

Kristin said...

You are HILARIOUS! I have also done the "where's my ring??" when it was in my mouth. The exact same thing as you! You crack me up.

Lisa said...

HA...I feel your pain.! I have looked ALL over the house for my sunglasses that are ON my face. Two things wrong with this picture. #1-I'm looking through my sunglasses, yet I'm unaware they are on and #2- I'm wearing sunglasses in the house.! Congrats again on the upcoming arrival.!