I should have known we were in for a wild ride. This child had his own ideas about his hair from the time he was old enough to comb it and I have proof.
In fairness this first picture is as it looked right out of bed and he just decided to throw in his own Elvis impersonation while he was at it....

This one, on the other hand was deliberate... 'the wave' as it was affectionately known HAD to be just right.
As you can see it evolved with time and had an added little 'Swirl' on the side... (not to mention the cool beaded necklace). Can you tell his mother forgot it was picture day!
As you can see it evolved with time and had an added little 'Swirl' on the side... (not to mention the cool beaded necklace). Can you tell his mother forgot it was picture day!
Finally, he outgrew the wave and the swirl and went for a simple center part... his parents breathed a sigh of relief thinking we were finally entering a somewhat normal hair phase...
Oh no... not so fast... take back that sigh of relief.
Before we knew it he was all grown up. Then came the major transformation from simply hair to ART...

That's right... it's PURPLE...
He was a drummer in the band... does that explain anything? Not a great picture but the only evidence I have that it was ever GREEN...
I wonder if this was in March... at least St. Patrick's Day could explain it.
next...
Perhaps he needed a little break from the bright colors so he opted for something else a little freakish... SPIKES... YIKES!
But, we weren't done yet...yep... RED/ORANGE...
this one seems to be workin for him though.
At last, we have reached the end of the rainbow and fade to BLACK...
Apparently, he made this one a group effort.

I'm happy to report that he has returned to own roots and has remained color free for several years. Now he wears purple pants.
We love him.







2 comments:
embarrassing
Wow!!! That is SOME hair!!! What great memories though:) And I love your paper chain idea! I miss making those in grade school!!!
Post a Comment