Yep, that's me with my first baby girl being wheeled from the hospital on our way home. (Such a dumb rule that they won't let you walk.)
She soon became a cute little rug rat.
Through the years she developed quite an appreciation of fine cuisine.
OK, maybe not just fine cuisine... ALL cuisine! (just kiddin honey)
She also became enamored with animals. Especially horses. This love affair started very early and I think she still wants a pony every Christmas!
Her list of pets would include, cats... lots of cats... gerbils...LOTS and LOTS of gerbils, (do you realize how fast those things breed?!) dogs, rabbits and rats. I'm sure I've left something out, but you get the point.
Oh yes, we mustn't forget the pet hot dog... another post entirely!
She most definitely wasn't a prissy girl... she HATED all things lacey or ruffly. You can see the pained look on her face below and almost hear her whine
"IT ITCHES... TAKE IT OFF!"
Which we did immediately after this picture was taken. Couldn't even wait for a dressing room, just did it right there on the grassy knoll.


She was quite a creative child. She was happy to stay home and hang out with mom and would come up with her own form of entertainment.
For BOTH of us.
May I present... drum roll.....
Amy the spy...
Amy the ... uhhhh... paperhead?!?
I am SO gonna pay for posting these.
She did surround herself with good friends of whom many are still part of her life today.
I just HAD to stick these pictures in for the girl's benefit. Hope they're still her friends after this!
Her nurturing nature was part of her from the beginning. If it wasn't the live animals it was the stuffed ones and the dolls. She started her domestic goddess training very young.
My part in her training is now complete and what a pleasure it has been. She married a wonderful man and together they are embarking on the journey into parenthood with their own little bundles of joy.
May they feel as blessed as I have.
Happy Birthday Ames!
We love you.
We love you.


























4 comments:
Thanks Mom! But did you really have to include the raptor picture?
I knew I'd pay for that one. lol
I just had to show off your creativity. I should have mentioned it was right after Jurassic Park was released. I'm sure there were many fellow pretend raptors across the country.
I think Amy-the-raptor is actually my favorite ;-)
Love all the pictures! Such fun memories for you! I love your hair in your younger days :) See you next week!
Post a Comment