Saturday, February 14, 2009

Helping hands...

Teachers are so overworked! It's insane the things they are expected to accomplish and often times without any help at all.
This past week our entire family, minus one missionary son went to daughter Amy's 5th grade class to help her kids with their science fair projects. She has been so overwhelmed with all she has to do that we felt inspired to make a family service project out of going to help her out. I mean it's the least we could do for the woman who is going to make us grandparents/aunt/uncles in August, don't you think? It was a rewarding experience and here are some pictures of the day...








I hope this can be the start of a tradition of many family service projects to come. Great experience... I highly recommend it.

Oh yeah... thank a teacher, better yet volunteer to help.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You guys are such a SWEET family! That is so thoughtful of you! I hope it turned out okay- I'm sure she felt relieved to have you there. Thanks Amy, for a being a teacher! And thanks Debbie, for being a Mom! :)