Thursday, February 19, 2009

Short trips to the tropics...

Just one more of the joys of growing older...

*Lying in peaceful slumber. Suddenly your jolted awake as though someone just turned up your internal space heater and searing heat radiates through your entire body! Hurry, kick off all the covers, turn on the fan, drink some ice water. Better yet, wear some ice water! Lie back and let the sweat evaporate in the lovely air from the ceiling fan.

Ahhh, relief, doze off in cool comfort. Zzzzz... only once again to be suddenly awakened by the chattering of your own teeth. FREEZING cold, quick, grab the covers, turn off the stupid fan and bask in the warmth of your down comforter.

Return to * and Repeat.

Continue this process until morning arrives.

Please, if there's anyone out there older than me, tell me that these things end soon!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh, the joys! I'm on that same track...it doesn't happen to me every night, thank goodness! I'm so sorry!

Debbie said...

No way Julie! You are WAYYY too young to be dealing with this! But I really appreciate the sympathy. ;) It seems to happen in waves... for weeks it will be every night, then a few weeks not at all. I LOVE those weeks.