Thursday, June 26, 2008

Alarming clock...

Once again I woke up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. In years past I could blame it on a crying baby, a sick child or one with a bad dream... in my empty nest, those are no longer issues. Now it's just part of the season I suppose. As is my custom when I awake and it's still dark outside, I look at the clock. I don't know why, I just do... anyway this particular night when I rolled over in my sleepy state this is what I saw...


WHAT? It's 95.9 o'clock! In my haze I tried to determine exactly what that meant... was I late? Did I oversleep? Wait a minute... what time IS 95.9 o'clock??? Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I look again. Now it is not only saying 95.9 but it's flashing quickly between that and 94.2... 93.6....91.7...etc.

I must be dreaming, so I sit up in bed and stare at it, hard! I grabbed my cell phone which is on my nightstand and snap this picture just to prove that I didn't really imagine this whole experience. I wanted a video clip so I could capture the insanity of the action but my phone won't do that (time for an upgrade) so this still shot will just have to do. After a few minutes of this psychedelic light show it returned to showing the correct time as though nothing had ever happened. I have however seen this possession occur again since that first night and have had witnesses to the event. Thank goodness.
I may be old.. but I'm not crazy, at least not yet!



3 comments:

raquelb said...

This would freak me out a little bit too. Maybe it was your freak of a clock that woke you up in the middle of the night! Scary! :) Love ya Deb!

Amy said...

I really think this means that your house is haunted. For anyone reading this, I witnessed this supernatural event and was too scared to sleep in my own room so I slept with my mommy in the haunted clock room. Creepy...

Hali said...

Seriously?!? That's just creepy. I think it's possessed! Good thing Amy was there to protect you (and witness said creepy events) the second time around :).