Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Saving the chickens...

My oldest daughter has decided she wants to become a vegetarian. I say, good for her! Not a surprising move considering she's been a serious animal lover since her conception I'm sure. She's been sharing her views concerning the abusive manner in which some of the animals we consume are treated. If you want the gruesome details you can watch a video at http://www.meat.org/

I too am disturbed by the mistreatment of animals, but I'm not sure that I'm ready to sacrifice ever having a nice steak, a grilled chicken breast or some baby back ribs for the cause. I guess I'm just not committed enough. I am however willing to live and learn and try some new alternatives, so here's to you Amy... you are making a difference even in teaching some old dogs new tricks!

On my most recent 'workout' at the grocery store, look what I bought...


Aren't you proud of me?!

2 comments:

raquelb said...

What a supportive mother! I was so proud to see Amy in Vegas in action with her new decision to give up meat. It didn't even look like it was a challenge to her. I admire her dedication. It was good seeing you on Sunday!

Amy said...

I'm so proud Mom! Just think of the animals you saved by buying tofu and portabella burgers!