One more Alaska tidbit... when we were taking the large tour boat ride I mentioned in my previous post little did we know some real adventurers were on board. The tour originated from the Glacier Bay National Park Lodge (not where we were staying). Apparently, they offer a service in which they will take people out to some of the islands along with their survival gear and kayaks and leave them there returning to pick them up at a predetermined date and time. So... while on our 8 hour tour boat ride, the boat stopped at 3 different islands to pick up and/or drop off these adventurous souls. Mind you there were no 'docks' or any facilities or services of any kind on these islands. They truly were just deserted islands in the middle of the bay, miles and miles from anything. The large boat would just run it's nose (not a true nautical term I'm sure) right up on this small beach, put a ladder down so the people could climb off, toss their gear to them and unload the kayaks and then just pull off and leave them there! It was shortly after dropping off the last of the crazy people (sorry if that offends anyone) that we spotted the big bear. Pictures below of the boat we toured on and some of the folks we dropped off.


Bye people... have fun and watch out for the bear!
A little too much adventure for me I'm afraid.







4 comments:
You little adventure woman you! Your trip sounds amazing! A 10 ft bear? I would of died! I'm glad you had such a good time. I couldn't find your pictures of the bear you talked about...are they in a slideshow? Love ya Deb!
Yeah Raquel they are in the Alaskan Adventure slide show on the right side of the blog. I couldn't figure out how to put the slideshow right in the post where I was talking about our trip, so I had to put it on the side. I was glad I was on the boat when we saw that bear! Love ya too.
OK, I feel stupid! I didn't realize my slideshow of Alaska wasn't showing up until Wayne looked at our blog from his computer and it wasn't there! It was showing up on mine the whole time. So... NOW there should be a slideshow of the Alaska pictures on the blog. Let me know if it doesn't show up.
Your pictures are amazing! I'm just a little jealous that you got to go to Alaska. It's sooo gorgeous up there. Not to mention, the wonderful jacket weather. Fun!
Post a Comment