Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Scaredy Cat (dog)

Allow me to introduce to you...
Che' (aka chicken-dog)
Che' - pronounced Chay
The other night I was awakened by the extreme silence and darkness. Weird, I know that quiet and dark could wake me up, but it did. I could tell immediately that the power was out. No soft illumination emanating from my possessed alarm clock no hum of the furnace or glare of obnoxious light from my neighbors back yard flood lights that shine directly through my window each and every night of my life! (sorry, that's an entirely different subject). Just utter and complete darkness and silence. But wait, there is one small sound... that beep. Somewhere in the distance there is a tiny beep rhythmically sounding every few seconds. What IS that?
A low battery on a carbon monoxide detector was the offending device emitting this little sound. So, with flashlight in hand we get up to fix the problem. Here is where Che's feathers emerge. He is shaking like a leaf and following right on my heels. Terrified! The question is... of what?! We have three options here... He's afraid of the dark... (can't dogs see in the dark?), he's afraid of the beep... (such a small sound) or he's afraid of the flashlight. Upon returning to bed, he was a nervous wreck. He paced back and forth for several minutes not on the floor or even the bed mind you, he paced for several minutes ON ME!!! Yep, shakily walking the entire length of my body (which granted is not that far) back and forth finally ending up laying ON MY HEAD!
Needless to say he didn't stay there long, but had to be laying up against me for the entire night.
I guess since I had such great kids I had to be cursed with insane dogs! Che' the chicken and Taco the deranged. Taco... now there's one for the books.
She requires a whole post to herself.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That is too funny! You crack me up!

Julie said...

Don't you love their fun personalities...except when you're trying to sleep?

Willie sits at (or on) my feet every day while I'm blowing my hair dry and putting on my makeup. I think he knows that I'm getting ready to go somewhere and he is hoping above all hope for another chance to ride in the car. I'm glad that I'm so unconditionally loved though! Even if it's only for my driving abilities! :)