One of the responsibilities I have is to serve as the director of the Family History Center in our area. Yesterday I spent my morning there helping orient some recently called consultants to their new positions. It was a great morning. Made some friends and heard amazing stories of family history and temple work. I came home feeling uplifted. What a fantastic way to start a day.
Last night was the premier of a new TV series entitled, "Who Do You Think You Are?" (Locally on NBC (ch 5) at 7:00 on Fridays). It was an awesome show! As members of the LDS church family history has a special meaning to us. Being able to bless the lives of our deceased ancestors with the gift of an eternal family is an honor. Though the producers of this new show obviously don't realize the eternal consequences this work could potentially have they are in fact, turning the hearts of the children to their fathers. What a beautiful thing to witness. I must confess that during this show, I was touched so deeply by the spirit testifying to me of the importance of this work that I was moved to tears.
Note to my children: I know, I cry at Hallmark commercials, don't mock me! lol
The Lord is indeed in charge and He is doing magnificent things to roll this work along. I hope you will check out this show next week if you missed it. It's so refreshing to view something of value on television these days. Yay for NBC!
Oh, the pictures in this post are some vintage posters I found while cleaning the closet at our Family History Center. Aren't they great?!
I need to frame them and hang them somewhere they'll be appreciated... any ideas?







No comments:
Post a Comment